Pages

Sunday 27 May 2012

Monday's diet...

It's come to that time when I'm starting my diet, yet again *sigh*...

This time I started it on Sunday, HA!  Screw you Monday diet curse.  I've had to take a lot of time to do some soul searching to get back on the "diet/better eating lifestyle" horse again, what ever you wanna call it.

A question was posed to me as to why it didn't work last time round.  My answer;  I realise I have lost belief in myself.  Over the years I have allowed people to mentally push my confidence in myself back to the point where, whatever the project, I believe I won't be able to do or complete it.  Can you believe that type of thought process, its ludicrous.  When I was younger, nothing could stop me, I had motivators up on my room walls reminding me everyday that I'm able to achieve anything I put my mind to, and you know I always...ALWAYS...achieved my goals.

The older I get the wimpier I get, well today I decided it stops.  I know I'm good at what I do and I can do anything I put my mind to.

Another reason I don't reach my goals is I believe I don't have time for them, what a joke.  I have plenty of time for TV, then what is my problem...what is standing in my way...its not time...I realise its fear of failure.  And since when did this creep in, I never failed at anything, and if I did, I made damn sure I didn't fail at it again.

I have given up on myself, and now I'm taking back control.  I'm not prepared to hit rock bottom before I realise things need to change.  Things need to change now.

So I have enrolled in a weight management group, created a high school style goal board with magazine cut outs and a change in my mind set.  Sounds like a good start, a bit kindergartenish, but I must remind myself daily.

Good luck to any readers who are currently walking the same road, we are worth it!

Serene Motherhood...






No comments:

Post a Comment