Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2012

It's my birthday...

Today I'm 32, WOW!

I thought I'd honour the year I was born in leui of my birthday.

1980



  1. It was a leap year that started on a tuesday.
  2. Star wars episode V: Empire strikes back is released
  3. The country I was born in, Zimbabwe, gains independance(we moved out shortly after)
  4. CNN is officially launched
  5. Estimated world population in 1980 is 4,434,682,000
  6. Kristen Bell, Jessica Simpson, Martini Hingis, Kim Kardashian, Channing Tatum, Ryan Gosling, Christina Aguileria and Jake Gyllenhaal were all born in 1980.
  7. Peter Sellers, Mae West, Steve McQueen, Otto Frank(father of Anne Frank) and John Lennon passed away in 1980.
  8. Top grossing films Star Wars Episode V:Empire Strikes back, 9 to 5 and Stir Crazy.
  9. Academy awards for best picture - Ordinary People
  10. Golden Globe awards for best actor - Robert De Niro for Raging Bull
  11. Golden Raspberry awards for worst actress - Brooke Shields for Blue Lagoon
  12. Cannes film festival - All that jazz
  13. No. 1 song in the month I was born - Funky town by Lipps inc.
  14. Chinese astrology - Year of the Monkey
  15. The day I was born the song by Sting, Fields of Gold was number 1
  16. No.1 Bestseller, The Covenant by James A.Michener
I made it to 16, which is what this birthday is, 16 again.

If you can help me make it to 32 other interesting facts about 1980 I would love to hear.

Serene Motherhood...


No comments:

Post a Comment