Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Career mum or house mum?

On Monday I did a 4 hour pshyosometric test, and although I haven't received my results it has made me realise...I'm never going to be fulfilled.  I want the best of both worlds, I want a career, and I want to be a stay at home mum.  When I was on maternity I couldn't wait to get back to work(fool!!!) and now I'm back at work I count every minute of the day and try to absorb every possible moment on the weekend.

I crave magazines and stories of mums, that have turned their life around to spend more time with their kids.  I never ever thought I'd see the day, when I would want the same.  I was a self professed workaholic, engineering my life to be "financially stable", what is that?  Now I couldn't care less about the money, and I often read blogs/articles about women living in a country side knitting and baking...I talk myself into believing I'll enjoy a life less ordinary, but I know myself to well, I need a challenge...everyday!

And besides, I unfortunately do not have the traditional man, who wants his wife barefoot, preggers and in the kitchen baking banana bread.  No... I have a husband who is all for the ladies pulling their financial weight...
I blame myself, I was so gungho about being a feminist in my earlier days, that now I pay the sacrifice.

So, feminist or little woman?  Career mum or house mum?  "Financially stable" or just sufficient?

Usually I like to end off with a bit of my own advice, but I think in this case I would love to get a piece of advice...bearing in mind I have a mortgage to pay.  Anyone else going through the same thing?




No comments:

Post a Comment