Pages

Sunday 7 October 2012

Does that make me a bad friend?

Life is funny, when you want friends around or need friends around, the barrel of friends is relatively empty...Then you make a consertive effort to make friends and it feels like your'e on the dating scene again.  Then you have an abundance of friends and life gets a bit busy.   You grow up, partener up and have kids...

You don't mean to neglect friends but as you progress through life...it becomes super busy.  You mean to connect, you mean to update, you mean to email, visit, text, and any other form of communication to keep the line of friendship open.  But, life gets busy!

I was saying to my husband the other day, its funny this very kind, friendly lady suggested we get together and have a play date with the kids...in my head I was like where were you when I needed you...but my friendship quota is full now so I don't actually have time for a new friendship...hmmmm

That does sound mean, but its really maths in a way.  You add another couple to the friendship rota and you have to take away time from your current friendship rota, which is already quite thin, this is irrespective of the very little time you have to be just the family.

I know alot of people love to have a multitude of friends, but quite frankly I like just enough to keep me busy for the next couple of weekends and allow a weekend or two inbetween for family time.

Not to be a bad friend, but rather to be a good friend...my quota is full...for now.

Does that make me a bad friend?

Serene Motherhood...


No comments:

Post a Comment