Pages

Saturday 4 August 2012

On your marks, get set...now hang on a bit!

I'm so gung ho on getting this new phase of my career under way, that I got myself all set up with the right tools, the right learning resources, the right attitude.

I got my calendar out and sat 4 hours putting together a curriculum for myself to get going...nothing in my way, I'm so doing this...

Ahhh heck man! What the...can you believe, with all this focus, determination and hope I smack right into a wall on my first day of my transition.  I knew it would come, but thought it would be a while.  Knowing my old self I would usually give up, but I'm a bit knee deep in costings of my tools and resources so I need to keep going. 

So I'm going to use the advice I gave a young lady the other day that I really feel I need to take note of for myself.  "Don't worry about what you have no control over, make the most of what you have to work with".  Damn...I certainly can give good advice, now lets see how I can act on it, easier said then done. 

So take an hour out of my already time limited day to re figure the calendar, and we are back on track!

I like to leave on a positive note, but I do have to say, I am a bit bummed that I couldn't start this journey the way I have anticipated.  I think this is the mum in me, always feeling guilty.  As one of my friends always says to me, "put your big girl panties on and get over it!"

Good luck to anyone else going through the same thing, please feel free to share your stories, I could certainly do with a bit of inspiration.

Serene Motherhood...


No comments:

Post a Comment