Pages

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Let time stand still...

Often I hear myself moaning at the thought of another endless nappy to change, another bottle to make, another sleepless night...

But in reality I catch myself realising that this time will pass all to soon.  The time that I get with you when changing your nappy, it's my time with you, we sing and giggle together.  The times I get to make you another bottle we get to do the "shake it, shake it, shake it" dance, and the sleep I don't get is time I get to to be closest to you, this time will soon be forgotten as we both get older.

Why do I become all to consumed with the stress of life and forget to enjoy the little things like taking turns to sing our favourite songs in the garden, taking walks in the parks and getting the biggest hug when I pick you up from creche.

There is no love like a mothers love and as protective I am of you against anyone or anything that might look to cause you harm, I'm the one causing the biggest harm by not savouring the moments I have with you. 

Stay the little princess you are, sing till your hearts content, tell me to sit, ask for my hand, put cream on my face, ask for kisses and cuddles, scream with excitement, splash as far as you can, for these are the but a few moments that I truly treasure...so I ask of you to be forever the darling that I love, treasure, protect and take pride in, baby girl let time stand still so I may savour but a few more precious moments.


Your father and I love you like no one else ever will, you will always be our princess no matter what...

Serene Motherhood...  

1 comment: